Our appt for our [2] 1 year old kittens was for 8:30am - the earliest possible appt.We were told to come early since we were new patients.

We arrived 815am. There was no one else in the waiting room. The secretary took our information right away - then we were told to sit in an exam room and wait a few minutes. After 30 minutes, a nurse came in and asked us a few questions and lectured us on taking care of cats the rest of the time.

She never looked at the cats - they were left inside the pet taxi the entire time. Then she left and said the doctor would be in in a few moments. Another 30 minutes later - it was now 930am - the doctor walks in and begins to give us the same lecture on how to take care of cats - again - never once looking at the the kittens - they remained in the pet taxi the entire time. Finally the kittens were taken out of their taxi - only after I was clearly annoyed at the whole experience.

The doctor gave a very short examination - about 3 minutes for each cat. He was up-selling the billing telling us we needed to give the cats several vaccines, even though they are strictly indoor cats. When I asked him how much everything would cost he became irritated and said he didnt know and would have his secretary give us an estimate. Then he said he was in a good mood - and would offer us a free, but "unsafe" (his words) rabies vaccine that he could bill the county...the cats were seen for a total of 5 minutes, and given their shots.

There was no care for the pets and absolutely NO customer service.

I absolutely DO NOT reccomend this animal hospital - take the time to go somewhere professional that cares about animals and customer service.

Had an Experience with Cortlandt Manor Animal Hospital?

Comments

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #694611

You never did say why you would take two kittens to a vet for no apparent reason.Were you actually expecting a physical exam like we humans get once a year?

Wow.You must have money to burn.